June 12, 2008

BACK TO REALITY

Our three day weekend was not something we would not usually do. We had no phone service, no computers or internet & minimal TV watching. Keely missed the TV, Abbey & Thomas were fretting as they had no phone reception & couldn’t talk to anyone on MSN. But they all made new friends Keely met Missy & Scruffy, Abbey met Fred (sitting on here knee) and Thomas loved all of the 17 horses that were running around the property.

The track in & out was a bit iffy and I think I drove part of it with my eyes closed specially when going over the bridges (if that’s what I can call it). The scenery was beautiful, we all enjoyed driving, walking & exploring through the valleys & around the paddocks.

We ate breaky on the verandah both mornings it was very peaceful and the children really enjoyed it. They went mushrooming both days and we cooked them for breakfast.

Abbey drove to Stanthorpe on the Saturday and passed a car & caravan. She was so pleased with herself. I wasn’t to impressed I was squashed in the back with the two littlies.








And on the way home I got to visit Kerry, who I haven't seen for ages. Hello Kerry miss you.



2 comments:

Veronica said...

HI TRACEY
Looks like you had a good time it would have been great with no phones peaceful Looks like Thomas and Keely were enjoying themselfs
The ferns are great would have liked to have some Not sure about that bridge thought
LOVE YOU MUM xxxx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful place to spend a weekend..... your photos are gorgeous.