August 6, 2007

I Can't Believe I Left My Camera At Home!!!!

Any other time I take it with me.

Saturday was like any other Saturday. Up early and of to soccer Had all the paperwork for the carnival, put all the children in there teams for it, pulled out a few goals and set up a few fields ready to start the day. The day was so busy with every one paying for the carnival and for team photos which are next week. I was flat out trying to do the things I do and the wind was blowing so hard and paperwork was going every where. The under 6's, 7's , 9's and 11's had finished playing. That's means it's time for a hot chocolate break and a chat with friends. The next thing there yelling out "get the ice". I asked who was down. It was Thomas (had to be my child) I went running across the field Thomas was screaming in pain and had a huge lump on the outside of his knee. We put the ice on it and decided he was in to much pain to move him, so we called for an ambulance. They finally arrived and gave him the whistle thingy that you suck on. Seconds after that he was as high as a kite. Laughing and telling the ambo that he had 4 eyes. After trying to straighten his leg they put it in a blow up splint and took him to the hospital. The things he was saying were so funny. He looked at me very seriously and said he loved me I really do mum I love you so much. I just laughed so did the ambo the look on his face was pricless. Anyway there is no broken bones, thankfully, he has damaged a nerve and they told him he would be in a lot of pain for at least three days and that he wasn't aloud to walk on it. He is not very happy. But he is loving the fact the girls are running after him madly.

Thats day 45 being carried around

1 comment:

Amanda said...

My youngest boy had an ambulance trip last year (also Thomas, but aged 3!) and I spent the whole time in the ambulance frustrated that I didn't have my camera with me too. Did take a picture with my phone, but it is a cheapo phone and has no way to download the photos off it. Hope your Thomas is on the mend.